Friday, March 18, 2011

Kitchens, Cabinets, and non-concrete floors, oh my.

Well...we finally redid the kitchen.

Finally.

In fact, I've been gloriously enjoying my new cabinets for almost 10 days now.

Sometimes at night Noah wakes up to find me in the kitchen, leaning against the new glossy countertop whispering sweet nothings to the new sink.

It's disturbing but he gently leads me back to bed and assures me the cabinets, counter top, and sink will still be there in the morning. At which point I'm more than welcome to continue my rambling of sweet nothings as long as I do some dishes while I'm at it.

I'm telling you...that new sink is a thing of beauty.
A work of art.
Poetry even.

This picture really doesn't do it justice because...well...i hadn't actually cleaned it yet...so there's still some sawdust residue and such. Overlook that.

But compared to the old sink???

It's beautious.

We still have yet to do our tiled backsplash. I haven't found a tile we like yet.


Here's another view of the countertops...

A view from the dining room. Oh so purty.
You can also get a view of our vinyl here.
Wonderful. WONDERFUL flooring.
So soft. So non-concrete feeling.


A closer view at the other side of the kitchen.
If you've seen what the kitchen looked like before we started doing work...you know there's a huge difference. We still have yet to purchase a microwave that goes above the range.

In fact, our current microwave is on our dining room table.
It looks more ginormous everyday.
I'm slightly suspicious that its growing...but Noah thinks its all in my head.
-glare-

He'll believe me when the microwave reaches the size of the dining room and takes Frankie hostage. But I say we can prevent all that by just buying a new microwave.

Can you believe he rolled his eyes at me?

no respect. just no respect.

Well..my bed is calling me. It is...after all..almost 10 o'clock.

Slap me with suspenders and call me old but yes I enjoy going to bed early.


One more view of our beautiful cabinets.
-happy sigh-
its a beautiful thing.

5 comments:

~AnnaB~ said...

Glad you got it done. I suppose one must go to bed early, if they insist upon getting up in the night to pet their counter tops and cabinetry.

MariaJoy said...

I like how you say "I haven't found a tile we like" ;)


Looks great!!

Jeni said...

perhaps I should also add that I haven't found a tile our wallet likes. hahaa...

StephanieRuth said...

"thou shall not covet" is running through my head right now. It's beautiful Jen! I have waited almost 5 years for my new kitchen. (Just wait to I do a post on it. If you think YOUR kitchen was bad, you are going to run in horror when you see mine) So I perfectly understand the whispering sweet nothing to the countertops and cabinets. Enjoy it!

Unknown said...

Dear Jeni,
So okay, I am done stalking. I will leave a comment.
I love your kitchen.
I love the colors and I love your style in general.

But most of all, I LOVE your writing.
Really and Truly.

Love, Katherine