I didn't even know there were such things as blogging awards. I mean, I've seen them on larger 'sponsored' blogs...but I didn't know normal people like Maria, Stephanie and I could give and receive them.
I guess you learn something new every day.
However, I really think Maria and Stephanie were just trying to politely remind me to update my blog.
You see, I tend to treat my blog as a major event announcer for my close friends and family, which is why it doesn't get updated every day. I'm just not that interesting.
Hey, some people like to share their "big news" on facebook...
I just like to pretend I'm more private by sharing it on my blog.
Because she gave me this 'award', I'm supposed to comply by relating 7 facts about myself. I'm also supposed to pass the award onto 7 others...
I've never liked chain mail though, so I'm selfishly refusing to award anyone this honorific award.
(my spell check didn't check 'honorific'...apparently its a real word)
1. I am with child. As in pregnant. As in due in October.
As in, yes, there are still a lot of people who don't know.
And yes...I'm slightly nervous...but also excited.
2. I listen to Adventures in Odyssey every night.
And I'm not embarrassed to admit it.
(ok...maybe a little.)
In my defense, Noah does too!
We both did before we got married...
What can I say? We're just meant to be together.
3. I'm not shy nor do I have a problem starting a conversation with complete strangers. A lot of people mistake me as such because I stay away from large groups and tend to avoid being the center of attention. The truth is, my personality doesn't really flourish in large crowds and groups, but I do enjoy good conversation with a few people at a time.
4. I love to read. I used to dream of having a huge library room with a roll around ladder. Like in Ducktales or Beauty and the Beast. Its funny though, as I've gotten older and grown in my relationship with the Lord...I've put away most of my novels and books. My old collection just keeps getting smaller and smaller...it seems like all I have left are the children's books I grew up with.
5. ...its getting more difficult to come up with facts I think people might enjoy...
Oh! I play guitar...I have for many many years. I was even our 'church musician' before I got married and moved to a galaxy far far away.
6. I love sock monkeys. Particularly THESE sock monkeez.
I think I have 4 of them so far
...but there's still the kiddie collection!
with elephants and alligators and hippos
for the baby of course...
7. I didn't know how to cook until I got married.
I was actually quite pathetic
...in fact, I think Noah knew his way around in the kitchen better than I did.
But I was bound and determined to learn
because I just refused to fall short in my duties as a wife
when there's no good reason why I can't do it.
So I did.
Annnnd...I have yet to send anyone to the emergency room to get their stomach pumped.